In 2010 I set up this blog on Tumblr mostly due to the ease of publishing and not having to worry about the hosting. I also went through two…
Initially developed by Yehuda Katz, the Textmate gem is an extremely handy tool for installing and managing your Textmate bundle files.
The tool works very well, for the most part. But due to the way the GitHub search query was built, the tool failed at finding Textmate bundles that do not honour the ’-tmbundle’ suffix in the name of their repositories.
I was waiting for GitHub to fix their API bug which I reported here, but today I discovered a workaround that solves this issue.
So, here, I present you with the improved code on my fork.
Update: The changes are now merged back to Ddollar’s repo, so you may install the Textmate gem by:
gem install textmate --source git://github.com/ddollar/textmate.git